Book Online arrow
A Message from Island Vista
As we navigate this unprecedented and evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want you to know that your health and safety will continue to be our top priority. We continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and follow their guidelines, along with recommendations from local health officials.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and we are implementing additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Employee Health, Hotel Safety and Cleaning
Masks: As mandated by the City of Myrtle Beach, face masks must be worn in indoor public spaces by all individuals.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team is reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It is important for their health and that of our guests. We have stressed this along with increasing the availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the resort, encouraging our employees and guests to use them throughout their day.
In all areas of the resort all sanitizers and disinfectants are EPA registered and approved and meet the criteria for effective use against Covid-19.
- Check In/Customer Service: We have installed plexiglass window stations at the front desk, and we suggest that just one guest from each party come to the desk during check in and for other service. We have marked spacing along the floor to remind guests to social distance. Bell service is available upon request, with the bellman required to arrive separately at the guest suite. We are also temporarily offering the use of bell carts to our guests. These are wiped down between each use.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with the continued use of hospitality grade cleaning solutions, paying special attention to high touch areas such as door handles, elevators, switches, counters, etc. We have placed signs throughout the resort suggesting that guests wear masks in common areas and elevators and that they limit numbers in elevators in order to practice social distancing.
- Back of the House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes”, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices. Associates are asked to wear masks and gloves.
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms with hospitality grade cleaning solutions. Our housekeepers are going above and beyond their usual diligent cleaning process, taking additional steps between each stay to ensure optimal cleanliness of your suite prior to your arrival. Our linens are washed in a commercial hospitality grade laundry, and all sheets are sent through a high temperature linen press. Our towel tracker keeps pool towels fresh and isolated. We are currently offering only departure clean housekeeping service to our guests and have set up a system for linen and trash exchange. These steps have been taken in order to limit contact and further protect both guests and staff members.
- Food and Beverage Outlets: We clean and sanitize all tabletops, chairs and other high touch surfaces frequently, including between each use. We promote and uphold proper hand and respiratory hygiene standards for our team members. In room dining and restaurant service procedures have been designed to maintain social distancing to the extent possible and reduce the number of touchpoints between food preparation and service. We offer guests the choice of single use dinnerware or our high temperature sanitized dinnerware for in restaurant dining. Our food preparation and handling standards meet or exceed all federal, state and local regulations.
- Pool Deck and Lawn Area: Our pool deck is scheduled to open on Monday, May 18 per SC DHEC regulations. We have limited the number of lounge chairs and other seating options and spaced them out around the pool deck and lawn areas, being mindful of social distancing. We have limited temporarily the number of floats in the lazy river. All lounge chairs and tables are disinfected daily and a sanitizing station is available for guest use.
Our Cancellation Policy
It is important to us that you are able to make informed travel decisions, and that you have peace of mind anytime you choose to visit Island Vista. Please review our cancellation policy.
- For new and existing reservations with an arrival date between today and December 31, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For reservations booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, guests are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
*Some packages and offers may have different cancellation policies. Please review your reservations for details.
Have a question that was not answered here?
For general information or questions regarding our property, please email email@example.com or call 855-732-6250.
We will continue to monitor and adjust our services and offerings based on industry and regulatory directives.